Pages

Friday, 10 June 2016

Friday Reflections - 7

We seem to have managed to squeeze in a lot this week; hardly surprising as we reach the end of our first week of holiday!

Last Saturday, I took the three boys to the open air theatre in Regents Park to see Running Wild, an adaptation of a Michael Morpurgo book about a child rescued from the tsunami by an elephant. It was absorbing, moving, and brilliantly done using life sized animal puppets. The boys loved it, as did I.
Sunday meant church lunch, for which my 8 year old made hedgehog shaped bread rolls. I was leading Young Church, which had a number of extra children, and which went much better than last time I led. I thank God for both these things!

Monday was packing.

On Tuesday we travelled to North Wales to stay in a teepee. It very much lived up to expectations. We enjoyed cooking marshmallows on the wood burner (and using a penknife to prepare sticks for the purpose).

Wednesday was taken up with climbing Snowdon, on Thursday we went to the beach. We also visited my cousin and his fantastic family at their cafe in Porthmadog  (The Big Rock). They also home educate their children, and made us very welcome although their seventh little one was only 4 weeks old.

Today we began our journey to Appleby, where we are staying (in a house) for our second week of holiday. We stopped at Conwy castle, which is great fun. There are lots of towers to explore, and one of the most fun children's trails I've seen.

All in all, we are feeling refreshed; tired from walking and a few late nights, but refreshed. I hope by the end of the week that we all feel rested, and ready to go home and serve the Lord and one another with renewed strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment