Pages

Friday, 15 July 2016

Summer Reading Challenge 2016

Last year we had our first summer reading challenge. It was a success, and our children have been eagerly anticipating this year's challenge.

This year, my eldest has to read 30 new books to complete his challenge (up 5 from last year), and my 9 year old has a target of 20 new books (also up 5 books).

I'm delighted that my 7 year old will be able to participate fully this year, with a target of 12 books. Some of these will be Usborne readers, which are reasonably long but manageable, but he will have a few chapter books too. Last summer, we were still working through reading lessons in All About Reading Level 1, so this is a step up for him.

My daughter, who is 4, will have 25 new picture books as her target, which I will read to her.

The Children's Charts

The Adult's Chart

As last year, my husband and I will have a target of 8 books each. A while ago, I purchased The Well Educated Mind by Susan Wise-Bauer, with the hope of working my way through some more stretching reading. The first book is Don Quixote, which I haven't started yet, so I may attempt this. Last year, I read War and Peace as one of my books, so I feel like I should attempt something equally challenging this year. We'll see!


No comments:

Post a Comment