Pages

Friday, 2 September 2016

Friday Reflections - 19

Last Saturday, we moved the boys back into their new bedroom. The highlight was a new desk, bought for my 9 year old as a surprise; he was thrilled and had a happy afternoon arranging his belongings on his new shelves. All the boys are very pleased with how their room looks now.

The Finished Bedroom

Most of the week has been a mixture of quieter activities at home. I have been finishing off my summer jobs, and preparing to begin teaching next week. The children have all finished the extra reading challenge we gave to them, and spent time playing at home. We've also been out picking blackberries together, and I have made blackberry and apple jam.

Blackberry & Apple Jam

We also enjoyed our weekly viewing of The Great British Bake Off (except for our daughter - still too young to stay up), and my 9 year old decided he wanted to make a gingerbread pyramid, complete with a sarcophagus inside. It took an entire afternoon, but it worked out well, and he was pleased with how it turned out.

Gingerbread Pyramid

Inside the Pyramid

The highlight of our week was a trip to Whipsnade Zoo. We were particularly keen to visit over the summer holiday period as they have a special display of model dinosaurs, including a brachiosaurus (my 7 year old's favourite dinosaur!). They didn't disappoint!

My 7 year old with a brachiosaurus - very happy!

We also enjoyed seeing the elephants, especially the baby elephant.

Elephants


The butterflies were stunning.

Butterfly


The bird display was a highlight.

Bird Display

We will back to work on Monday. I have all my books ready, and in many ways I feel ready to get on with it. No doubt there will be ups and downs during the first few days as we all adjust, but we have had a good break, which has provided a chance to rest and recover.








No comments:

Post a Comment