Pages

Friday, 30 December 2016

Friday Reflection - 36

We have had a wonderfully restful week, celebrating Christmas last Sunday, and spending time together and with some of our wider family during this week.

On Christmas day itself, we had a few friends from church join us for lunch and into the afternoon. Although I cooked most of  the dinner, my 9 year old contributed a delicious lemon meringue pie as an alternative to Christmas pudding.

Lemon Meringue Pie

The children gave out the gifts they had made: piggy banks decorated by my 11 year old. hedgehog shaped tea light holders decorated by my 9 year old, foam magnets made by my 7 year old, and drawings of bugs produced by my 5 year old.

My 7 year old was in charge of making pudding at another family gathering later in the week.

Making Pudding

For the rest of the week, the children have been resting, enjoying playing with their new gifts, or entertaining our visitors.

My 9 year old also made some mini sponge cakes using a recipe from a new cook book.

Mini Sponge Cakes


Today we visited the Museum of Childhood, particularly so that my daughter could look at the dolls' houses. Everyone enjoyed themselves, and we particularly liked the special exhibition about board games.

Riding a Rocking Horse (A Bit Nervously!)

This week we have also taken the chance to clear out and tidy up my husband's study. We've all been guilty of using it as a bit of a dumping ground for stuff without a proper home, but it is much clearer now, and hopefully a more pleasant working environment for my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment