Pages

Friday, 20 January 2017

Friday Reflections - 39

Last Saturday, I took my daughter to visit my Mum so that she could play with Grandma's new dolls' house. She had a fantastic afternoon. The boys all joined us later for tea (and they quite enjoyed the dolls' house too!).

Playing with a Dolls' House

Most of the week, we have been enjoying out usual activities and studies. The children have settled back into routine well, and are getting on with their work. I'm particularly pleased that my daughter's reading is making progress at the moment, not because I am especially concerned, but because she's very keen to be able to read! She's got a way to go yet, but it feels like she's suddenly finding it a bit easier.

On Wednesday, my two older boys had a day out with their grandparents to the Harry Potter Studio Tour, tickets for which they received as their Christmas presents from my mum and her husband this year. It has been much anticipated, and they had a great day.

Meanwhile, I took the younger two out for a special trip to the British Museum. We went to some galleries that we haven't explore before, including a room of artefacts from Mexico, as well as
visiting some of their favourite exhibits.

British Museum Trip




Lion Hunting - A Favourite!

Dressing Up in the Shop!

We also had our home education group meeting today. We made pinatas as part of out Mexican themed session, which was very popular! Some children also decorated foil covered plates to imitate Mexican tin art, which worked well.

Paper Bag Pinatas

"Tin Art" Plates (By my 5 year old)

I've also managed some running, reading and crochet this week - though not quite as much reading as would have liked. I particularly enjoyed reading The Poetic Wonder of Isaac Watts by Douglas Bond this week - a clear, thoughtful, and helpful read. I'm now reading 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne as my classic novel for our reading challenge. It's not a book I would have chosen to read, but I can see why my 11 year old likes it so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment