Pages

Friday, 3 February 2017

Friday Reflections - 41

This week we had a welcome visit from my sister-in-law and her little boy, along with my mum. The children loved seeing their grandma, aunty and cousin for the day. We visited the Horniman Museum together, which is only a short walk from our house.

Animals to see...

...and instruments to play.

Most of the week has been fairly routine. Our days are very full, and I am wondering if we need to do a bit less, at least some of the time - though I can't work out what, if anything, I should cut! I need to think about it, though. I don't want to get rid of the enjoyable but time consuming activities such as reading aloud, or going for walks - these are highlights of the day - but I'm reluctant to reduce the book work too much.

We also had our home education group today - which the children love, and I enjoy too, though it always leaves me feeling a bit frazzled afterwards. The children made North America cookie dough maps as one of their activities. They also drew or made doctor bird (hummingbird) pictures, as this is the national bird of Jamaica (our country this week).

North America Cookie Dough Map

A Hummingbird

I am keeping my head above water with the children's work and marking, and trying to keep up my reading. I don't always feel like picking up a book, but I am glad to be reading more.

Current Books
I also ran 5 miles this morning - so I am feeling a bit weary, a bit achy, and pretty chuffed with myself this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment