Pages

Friday, 19 May 2017

Friday Reflections - 56

Last weekend, the children put up their tent in the garden for the first time this year. They have spent much of their break times - rain or shine - in there with books or games. It has made for a quiet house at times!

We met with friends for running again, which went down well with my 5 year old daughter and my 9 year old son. They both managed further than last time, as did their friend who ran with us, but my daughter excelled herself by managing to run (without either walking or stopping!) a full 5K. Tomorrow I plan take her along to Parkrun for the first time, something she has been very keen to try.

My 5 year old and me after our run.

We have also managed to fit in one or two activities that have been squeezed out for various reasons over the last couple of weeks. One was a Nature Walk, searching for ants and drawing them.

Looking for ants.

Drawing ants.

My 11 Year Old's Drawing

Michael also taught a couple of science lessons, including one on convection currents using a pan of water balanced over our hob, some ice, and some food dye.

Convection Currents Experiment

The Food Dye Shows the Currents

Other highlights of the week included my daughter slipping on a banana skin (yes, really - she was utterly thrilled!), and my 8 year old moving onto a new maths book (he's very happy). Both of these events seemed very significant to my two youngest children!

No comments:

Post a Comment