Pages

Saturday, 22 July 2017

Friday Reflections - 65

We have enjoyed the first week of our summer break, although it always takes me a few days to adjust to the change of pace!

The children have spent much of the week building Lego together, followed by playing with their creations. My 10 year old also made a stop motion film with the Lego one afternoon.

In addition, there has been plenty of reading happening. Books are always popular anyway, but we have begun our annual Summer Reading Challenge, which has added to the enthusiasm. The children are already making very good progress, while Michael and I are just about keeping up with where we need to be if we are going to complete our challenges!


For me, the summer means getting on with lots of household jobs, as well as planning the children's education for the following year. I have a number of sides of A4 paper with jobs on. I've only managed a few so far, but there is still quite a lot of summer left. The planning for curriculum is going well, and I have managed to choose and order most things for next year already. Parcels of books are arriving most days.


Next week will be more of the same for a few days, followed by setting off on holiday. We are hoping to climb a mountain or two again this summer, and enjoy a complete change of scene in the Lake District and then North Wales.

No comments:

Post a Comment